Tuesday, July 14, 2009

C code help for file output?

I have a problem with the following code .....





FILE* out_file;


out_file = fopen("c:\\data.dat", "w");


double data = 0.017876148;


.....


fprintf(out_file,"%lf", data);


fclose(out_file)





I want to print out the exact 9 digits on a dat/txt file but I am getting a truncated digit of 0.0178761. How can I fprintf the whole data without being truncated ?

C code help for file output?
with the printf field modifier, like so ...





fprintf(out_file,"%.9lf", data);








see the '.9' ? that says to use nine digits of precision after the floating point....good luck








Man I love C. Hope you can enjoy it too. It's a steep learning curve at first, but very powerful lang and worth the work. Can't tell you how many languages borrowed and stole C ideas and structure. My point: learning C will aid leaning across many languages...no time is spent on it is lost, so to speak.
Reply:Anytime, like to help. Very welcome.... Report It


violet

No comments:

Post a Comment