Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How to file W2-C along with W2 ?

Hi,





For 2007, I had by mistake been taxed for 5 months for state Indiana instead of NJ. Also the W2 showed the same and because of that I got 2 W2 from my employer. I have never worked or been to Indiana.





When I reported the error to them they have sent me a W2-C. I have not yet filed my tax. I wanted to know how should I go ahead with filing my tax. Can I file the entire 12 months for NJ since I have already got the W2-C. Or do I have to file for both states.





Also I think the federal tax filing should not be affected by this since only the state tax withheld was wrong. Please let me know your opinions on both my questions.





Thanks,


K Sri

How to file W2-C along with W2 ?
Your right your fed tax wont change and you would only have to file the corrected W2c with the correct state.


No comments:

Post a Comment