Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Can I move Norton Anitivirus definition file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Virus Defs to D:

I am using Norton Internet Security 2004 together with Norton Anitfvirus on Windows 2000 plarform. The virus definition file is growing almost everyday at speed of 50MB/day. Now the file size is 5000MB (5GB) but I am using Windows 2000 FAT32 file system. My C partition can only extend to 7.8GB. Now C partition has 400MB free space left only and is approaching risk limit . However I still have 6GB in my D partition.

Can I move Norton Anitivirus definition file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Virus Defs to D:
Moving the virus definitions would break Norton.





Seriously, and I know you didn't want to hear this, it would greatly benefit you to dump Norton and use a different antivirus software. Norton is recognized rather widely by techs to be inefective.





A good free one (I use the paid version) is www.free-av.com, which is Avira AntiVIR. This is the best anti-virus I have ever come across, and I've test-driven many.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment